Yes, we know, your 7 year old server still works, but it’s starting to have problems and productivity is falling.
Time on task is important. Every minute your staff is waiting for your server to respond is a minute they are not devoting to your core business process.
We understand that servers are expensive and that it is a capital investment not to be taken lightly. However it really is at the core of your business and next to your employees might be your most important asset.
Here are 5 reasons to upgrade that server.
- Server performance declines over time. And more than you think. The average server declines in performance at a rate of 14% per year. So after 5 years it’s down to 40% of what it was when it was new.
- Modern Features help you manage your business. New servers are updated with the latest security and compliance features.
- The newer the server the better optimised the system is. Newer servers support virtual machines better and they also are more efficient when it comes to power usage.
- New servers have better diagnostics which improve reliability, allowing you to know about potential issues before they happen.
- You old server is reaching end of life and you may not be able to renew your warranty.
Compass IT partners with DELL and HP and can provide you with a competitive quote on the right server for your business. We can also handle the migration for you as well. Contact us for a free consultation.